Celebrate Atlanta’s art, music, food, and culture at the numerous fairs and festivals around the city. If your vacation dates are flexible, you should schedule your trip around one of the terrific events. Festivals are going on all year long, so no matter what time of year you want to visit, there will be able to choose from plenty of options.
- Dogwood Festival – Outdoors fine arts market in Piedmont Park featuring sculptures, paintings, pottery, jewelry, photography and much more.
- AJC Decatur Book Festival – Largest independent book festival in the US, enjoy presentations by authors, writing workshops, readings, and signings
- Atlanta Food & Wine Festival – Showcases the best Southern cuisine featuring over 250 restaurants, artisans, chefs, and producers. More than 90 integrated learning experiences are also offered.
- Taste of Atlanta – Dedicated to celebrating the Atlanta food scene with over 90 Atlanta restaurants represented as well as 3 live cooking stages, a bartending competition, and marvelous live music from local artists
- Atlanta Ice Cream Festival – A delicious way to cool off in the summer at Piedmont Park
- Inman Park Festival and Tour of Homes – Atlanta’s most eclectic festival with a parade that is known for attempting to beat the Guinness World Record for “largest gathering of people dressed as garden gnomes.”
- Lantern Parade – A glowing procession of light, music, and color along the Atlanta BeltLine
By Taylor Randolph, The Traveling Souk